Awhile ago I posted this photo on my Instagram. Recently someone mentioned that I hadn’t posted the recipe for this salad on here yet. It’s such a great, quick and healthy meal, so here it is even if it’s a bit late.
During the Holidays, I baked a lot, and ate a lot of delicious but also unhealthy food. I started really craving for something light and warm that wasn’t a soup. I came up with this warm salad made with grilled sweet potatoes, pomegranate, arugula and crunchy hazelnuts. With a shallot and red wine vinaigrette drizzled over everything.
I was also really excited to see this dish featured by the feedfeed on their Bitter Foods Feed.
Here’s the recipe, enough for two people.
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp roughly crushed hazelnuts
- olive oil
- Slice the sweet potatoes diagonally and coat with olive oil.
- Heat the grill. In my case, since it was winter, I used a Lodge Cast Iron Square Grill Pan that does a perfect job.
- Lay the sweet potatoes on the pan and cook for around 3-4 minutes on each side until they’re tender or until each of them have some grill marks.
- On a big plate, layer the arugula, the sweet potatoes, pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts. Top everything with the vinaigrette.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
In a container, mix well the minced shallot, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt. Add the oil and shake all together.
Note: You can serve this dish with any vinaigrette of your choice, it will be as good.
If you decide to do this vinaigrette and there’s any leftover, you can keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks.