I love cooking, but sometimes after a long day of work I don’t have the energy for cooking something too elaborate. For these time, fish is always one of my favorite choices. It’s incredibly good, tasty, simple and healthy.
Tonight I decided to bake salmon. My boyfriend loves it and the good thing about it, he doesn’t have to clean any pans. 🙂
– 2 (8 ounce) center-cut salmon
– 1 tomato cut in thin slices about 1/2 cm
– 2 zuccinis cut in thin slices about 1/2 cm
– 1/2 onion (optional)
– 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 2 Tbsp white wine or lemon juice
– salt, ground black peper, fresh or dry thyme
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2) Smear the oil on an oven-proof serving platter, and put the zuccinis and tomato slices on top. Add the salmon on top and put some salt and pepper on both sides, with the fish skin side down. I usually run the extra oil from the platter-smearing over the fish so the seasoning will stick a bit better.
3) I added thyme on top since it is my favorite for fish, but any herb you like works fine.
4) Sparkle with white wine or lemon juice. Personally, I use either of them depending of what I have at home. Tonight we had a bottle of white wine to drink, and so great opportunity to add some to the food.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
You won’t believe how good it is. Bon appétit!